Here’s how you can use it to train your pelvic floor and improve your sex life.
What are love balls?
As a rule, love balls (also called vaginal or pleasure balls) consist of two balls connected by a short cord and contain one or more internal weights. These help you contract and relax different muscles with ease. Even if the names love balls or love balls suggest this, the balls are by no means pure sex toys. With the help of love balls, they can be used to strengthen the vagina after childbirth or to improve control over the flow of urine.
Who can use them?
Like any exercise, the Kegel movement comes with some risks, including:
- pain or discomfort
You should consult with your doctor or gynecologist before use if you:
- Are pregnant or recovering from pregnancy
- Have pelvic pain or an active pelvic infection
- Recovering from gynecological surgery
- Wear an intrauterine device
- Use a menstrual cup
You are more likely to experience pain and discomfort when using the Loveballs in any of these conditions.
Where are the pelvic floor muscles located?
The pelvic floor consists of three layers shaped like a woven wicker basket. Pregnancy and childbirth as well as hormonal fluctuations put a lot of strain on a woman’s pelvic floor.
Sitting and standing for long periods also has a negative effect on the pelvic floor. And obesity, heavy loads such as lifting and carrying heavy loads or general weaknesses in the connective tissue can also impair the function of the muscles.
Why are love balls training important?
As stated above, the pelvic floor muscles can be weakened by many factors. You could benefit from love ball training if you:
- Leaking a few drops of urine when you sneeze, laugh, or cough
- Strong, sudden urge to urinate just before losing a large amount of urine
- bowel movement
Pelvic floor training with love balls is particularly recommended after pregnancy, because the muscle layers there are often weakened after childbirth.
How to prepare love balls?
To get your love balls ready to use, you should:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with antibacterial soap
- Wash your love balls with warm water and antibacterial soap, then dry them with a clean towel
- Lubricate the love balls with a generous amount of water-based lubricant to make the love balls easy to insert
Love balls training
If you want to strengthen your pelvic floor, specific exercises will help you identify and strengthen your muscles. But if you want to experiment, focus less on the exercises and more on individual sexual exploration.
For pelvic floor exercises only
Pelvic floor training could hardly be easier! So how to use love balls? Here are a few exercises on how to use the love balls properly:
1. Hip Gyro
Start moving your hips in a circular motion. Rest your hands on your sides or hips. Connect this movement with your breath and vary the radius of your hip circles. Don’t forget to change directions.
Get on all fours. Now spread your knees as far apart as is comfortable or comfortable for you. Now carefully get on your forearms and relax your neck.
3. The Bridge
Lie on your back with your arms stretched out beside your body. Lift your butt in the air. Either hold this position or gently lower yourself back down with the next exhalation.
4. The butterfly
Lie on your back and let your knees fall loosely apart while the soles of your feet are together. Like to place firm pillows under the outside of your knees so your hips don’t open up so much that it becomes uncomfortable. Breathe deeply and consciously nestle your lower back on the floor as you exhale, tensing your pelvic floor vigorously. The seat bones strive towards each other and the soles of the feet are pressed together. When you breathe in, relax again.
Get cross-legged. If you can and want to, come into the full or half lotus position. Grab the ankle cuffs with your hands and bend forward with your back straight. On the exhale, lean back and crouch. Your chin leans toward your chest.
For solo sexual pleasure
Love Balls enhance the sensation of everything you do, whether it’s rubbing your clitoris or exploring your erogenous zones.
Need some ideas? Here are two ways you can use the Loveballs to step up your solo play:
- When you’re in bed, insert your love balls into your vagina and start tensing your pelvic muscles. Once you’re aroused and wet between your legs, you can slowly explore your body.
- Insert your love balls and then take your favorite vibrator. As you push, rub your vibrator against your clitoris and around your vaginal opening.
Love balls can also make anal sex more enjoyable. During anal penetration, the balls can press against your G-spot, causing intense sensations in your body.
Although it may be tempting, you should never insert the balls into your anus. They are not intended for this purpose and may cause discomfort. In addition, there is a risk that they will get stuck at this point. Please use anal beads then. Here you can find the best anal beads.
Love balls against pelvic floor weakness after pregnancy
Under no circumstances should you start training immediately after giving birth. The body needs 10 to 12 weeks to fully regenerate. Before you start using special training balls or love balls, we ask you to talk to your midwife or gynecologist about it. Many midwifery practices offer so-called postnatal courses. Be sure to register early as these courses are very popular.
- Find the right muscles. To identify your pelvic floor muscles, stop the flow of urine midstream. Once you identify your pelvic floor muscles, you can do the exercises in any position, although you may find it easiest to do them lying down at first.
- Perfect your technique. For Kegels, pretend you’re sitting on a marble and tighten your pelvic muscles as if you’re going to lift the marble. Try each for three seconds, then relax on three.
- Stay focused. For best results, focus on tensing only your pelvic floor muscles. Be careful not to tighten the muscles in your abdomen, thighs, or buttocks. Avoid holding your breath. Instead, breathe freely during the exercises.
- Repeat the exercises three times a day. Aim for at least three sets of 10 to 15 repetitions per day.
This is how cleaning works
Clean the love balls regularly and very carefully.
- Rinse the love balls under warm water
- Clean thoroughly with antibacterial hand soap
- Rinse in warm, soapy water, then run under water to wash off excess residue
- Pat dry with a clean towel.
- Allow to air dry for an hour or two to ensure they are completely dry before putting them away.
- Once dry, store them in their own container.
When to see the results
If you do the love ball exercises regularly, you can expect results within a few weeks to months, e.g. B. with less frequent urine leakage. If you want to benefit from it permanently, you should make the exercises an integral part of your daily routine.
How to choose the right love balls
The material decides how the love balls feel, can be cleaned and how good they are for your body.
- Silicone: It feels very similar to skin and can quickly adapt to body temperature. It is easy to clean and easy to insert. Make sure it is medical grade silicone.
- Plastic/Plastic: They are very cheap to buy, but they break very easily.
- Metal: This is better for the more advanced as they can be very difficult.
- Glas: Even though they look nice, please don’t buy glass love balls if you are a beginner as they don’t have a retrieval loop. It’s best to buy the ones that are made of silicone.
- Edelstein: Just like using metal love balls, this is best for advanced users.
Click here if you want to find the best love balls.
Myths and misunderstandings about love balls are cleared up
Here and there there are always myths and misunderstandings about love balls. That’s why I’ll explain the biggest myths about love balls to you.
Can you hear them while wearing them?
No! As soon as you insert the love balls, no one can hear you.
Can you wear them during sex?
This is not advisable, even if it is possible. If you want, you and your life partner should proceed very carefully and approach it slowly.
Can you use this while wearing a coil?
Yes! You can use love balls if you wear with a spiral. However, it is best to contact your gynecologist if you have any questions or need advice.
Can a love ball go up so far that you can’t get it out?
no If you use them, they won’t get lost in your vagina. Love balls can be pulled out safely and easily at any time.
In summary, love balls are an effective way to strengthen pelvic floor muscles, control urination – as found in this US study – and improve sex life.
If you are a beginner, you should start slow and be patient before swapping out your love balls for more advanced ones.